[Cerowrt-devel] DirecTV Video-on-demand broken

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jul 1 10:03:32 EDT 2014

I've been trying to debug why VoD on DirecTV has stopped working with
many of the recent CeroWRT releases.  I am not sure at this point that
it ever worked.  As an experiment, I just put a Linksys DIR-655
Wireless N Gigabit Router (factory firmware 1.37) after the cable
modem and VoD is working fine, so I've ruled out the HR-44 box from
DirecTV.  From what I've read, I need to forward Port 1701:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Home-Networking-Router-WiFi/opening-port-1701-LT2P-on-a-Netgear-router/td-p/1382983

Here is how I have set it up in CeroWRT but it doesn't seem to be working:

Network | Firewall | Port Forwards

Port Forwards:

Name:  GenieGO

Match:  IPv4-UDP
>From any host in wan
Via any router IP at port 1701

Forward to:  IP 172.30.43.20, port 1701 in guest

Enable:  checked

172.30.43.20 is the IP address of my -guest network (to be compatible
with Sony Blu-ray players)

When I attempt to watch/record VoD, DirecTV says there is a problem
with the Internet connection, and eventually throws away the request.

What am I doing wrong?  Did I set the "Internal zone" (as guest)
incorrectly?  Should I have set it to LAN instead?

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us