[Cerowrt-devel] the EFF announcement

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 22:22:39 EDT 2014

As you have probably seen by now, the EFF's openwireless.org project
chose cerowrt to start with as a base for future development. I have
been too busy at ietf to pay much attention to the resulting press.

I'd like to thank everyone that participated in getting cero and
bufferbloat.net's part of the story across on threads like:

http://lwn.net/Articles/606034/

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/14/07/22/2234239/eff-releases-wireless-router-firmware-for-open-access-points

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8060784

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/nanog/users/173307?do=post_view_threaded

and dozens more.

A couple of these threads were extremely useful and interesting -
particularly in identifying future hardware candidates.

I have no idea who most of you are in that virtual universe above,
please feel free to fess up. :)

(and thanks, regardless)

Over here (toronto) I was mostly focused on shaking up the AQM working
group with things like the below. I don't know to what extent I was
successful, but the queue at the microphone was quite impressive, and
I didn't manage to get through 1/3 of my slides.

http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~d/Presos/CaseForComprehensiveQueueManagement/

NSFW: https://w2.eff.org/Censorship/Internet_censorship_bills/russell_0296_indecent.article