[Cerowrt-devel] [Bloat] Check out www.speedof.me - no Flash

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Jul 25 18:29:27 EDT 2014

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 14:20:53 -0700, David Lang said:

> cost of bandwidth for this is just something to get someone to pay for (ideally
> someone with tons of bandwidth already who won't notice this sort of test, even
> if there are a few going on at once.)

Ask U of Wisconsin how that worked out for them when Netgear shipped some
new boxes....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTP_server_misuse_and_abuse#NETGEAR_and_the_University_of_Wisconsin.E2.80.93Madison

It's one thing to come up with a solution that works for the 300 (total wild guess) people
on this list.  But to be useful for field deployable, it really needs to be able
to handle a "every Comcast customer in a major metro area", because we *do*
want this stuff to work well when this makes it into the CPE that Comcast
gives every new customer, right? :)