[Cerowrt-devel] lighttpd.conf error in cerowrt-3.10.50-1

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jul 29 10:04:42 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 10:12 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> I cut a new version of 3.10.50-1 just now.

Thanks for fixing this so quickly.

> those of you with the old version can either comment out simple_vhost
> or do an
> opkg update; opkg install lighttpd-mod-simple-vhost
> on your existing install.

I could not do the latter, got this error:

root at cerowrt:~# opkg update; opkg install lighttpd-mod-simple-vhost
Downloading http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/cerowrt/wndr/3.10.36-4/packages/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/toronto.
Unknown package 'lighttpd-mod-simple-vhost'.
Collected errors:
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package lighttpd-mod-simple-vhost.

(was it supposed to be '_' instead of '-' characters?)

So I modified the lighttpd.conf file instead.  This allowed me to
reboot and get to the GUI to re-flash with the new version of
3.10.50-1

NOTE:  If you modify lighttpd.conf then re-flash, mod_simple_vhost
will *still* be commented out after re-flashing.  You will have to
edit the file again to undo the change, then reboot.

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us