[Cerowrt-devel] IP over LEDs

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 21:07:18 EDT 2014

The koruza folk are demonstrating working links with sane latencies
and high throughput using an invisible ir laser.

https://dev.wlan-si.net/wiki/KORUZA#KORUZA

There's also the older, cheaper project:

http://ronja.twibright.com/models.php

As I don't generally get much more than 20Mbit out of the directional
radios I have (too much interference nowadays), and the aiming problem
is a pita...

my crazy *ss idea is you can have a panel and encode packets in color, the
"sensor" becomes a camera, you can encode more bits, and the thing
becomes easier to aim...

http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2014/04/15/beaglebone-logibone-fpga-drive-96x64-rgb-led-matrix-beagleboneblack-txinstruments-beagleboardorg/

I know, I know, smells of rfc2459... but koruza, at least, appears to *work*.

NSFW: https://w2.eff.org/Censorship/Internet_censorship_bills/russell_0296_indecent.article