[Cerowrt-devel] two cerowrt. find the server

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Fri Jun 6 14:08:45 EDT 2014

Hello,

I've installed ceroWRT on two WNDR3800s  Nice.  I was able to stumble
through the wiki and got them working out of the box,

>From there, I tried messing with ip addreses, and setting one as an
interior gateway router, per [1] as far as "Further Tuning".

Again, all is well.  Thank you for documenting so nicely on the wiki.

I've added some static leases for a home server.  I can reach it from
the same cerowrt, but not the other cerowrt. I ask, 1) is that by
design, or by my error? and 2) if by design, what is a sane solution?

Details:
Default Gateway Router (WNDR3800 CeroWrt Toronto 3.10.41-1)
se00 172.30.101.1/27
MyServer 172.30.101.4
etc.

Devices on the default router can reach MyServer as expected.

from the first router I have ethernet running to

interior router
wan port address 172.30.101.2
Interior Gateway Router (WNDR3800 CeroWrt Toronto 3.10.41-1)
se00 172.30:102.1/27
etc

Should I be able to ping MyServer from a wifi connection on the
interior router?  I can't currently.  (nor from a connection on the
wired ports).  Should I be adding a static route?  For each network on
the interior router? Something else?

Best regards,

Richard

[1] http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Setting_up_an_interior_gateway_router