[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.10.44-2 released

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 17:06:47 EDT 2014

+ huge resync with openwrt head
   among many other things this includes a lot of rework of the wifi drivers
   which may have some influence on bug 442
   update to iproute2
   many updates all across the board
+ sqm fixed to work with modern luci (thx Magnus Olsson!)
+ Rich Brown's cerowrt-scripts installed for the first time by default -
   bug: they need to have -4 or -6 specified for certain targets, and
two of the targets in circulation
   are not responding to netperf (try netperf-west.bufferbloat.net)

   It could use a gui for running the test and displaying the results...

- tested for all of 5 minutes
- it is possible to switch dns servers from odhcp to dnsmasq and vice
versa via changing maindhcp in /etc/config/dhcp (not tested)
- conflict between avahi-daemon and mdns.

Disable one on your first boot. (/etc/init.d/avahi-daemon disable
or /etc/init.d/mdnsd disable). I'd like it if people explored mdsnd
with awareness that it doesn't proxy yet...

- the hnetd and mdnsproxy work is still in progress, and these daemons
are built but not installed by default.

I would generally discourage everyone from installing this as your
main router, but I know how effective that is. Certainly if you are
experiencing wifi hangs this is worth trying.