[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.10.44-5 released

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 19:37:02 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Stephen Hemminger
<stephen at networkplumber.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 15:33:59 -0700
> Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> + resync with openwrt head
>>    updates to iw, mac80211
>>    various routing table fixes in netifd
>>
>> + dnsmasq 2.71 with mini-gmp and libnettle mainlined
>>    also moved into procd for better automagic restart
>>    (this leaves babel as the only major daemon not managed by procd. sigh)
>>
>> - totally untested (I tested -4 pretty thoroughly though)
>>   I won't have time for this personally til later this week.
>> - still no answer for bug 442 - I do get bad things to happen on a
>> ubnt device now
>> - left off on the homewrt integration for now
>>
>> I need to get around to submitting sqm upstream again, but am busy on
>> other tasks.
>> IETF is coming up, also.
>>

> Is this going to be any more stable? I almost about to give up
> on cerowrt for home use and go to dd-wrt or something else.
> Wireless still crashes once a week with 3.10.36-6

I think bug 442 is universal across openwrt derived versions for the
last 5+ months. There is (no longer) any real difference between the
network stacks of cero and openwrt. I do think cero triggers it more
often by using adhoc mode, multiple wifi interfaces, and routing, and
I'd suggest to those using it to disable the guest and adhoc
interfaces entirely and see what happens. (definately kill adhoc
unless you are using it)

otherwise...

I too, despair. What I have been doing is developing means to saturate
links for long periods, take big packet captures, and for all that
I've only seen that bug 3 times, all 3 uncaptured. Yet others get it
all the time.

It is costing users hair, me time, and money I cannot spend on this
project, and hurting other efforts. I would have released a "stable"
version months ago if it wasn't for this.

I'll miss you if you leave! but if you had a stabler version that you
liked, you can regress to that - or by all means! give modern dd-wrt a
shot - it's got most of the core features cero has by now, and I
haven't tried it lately.

NSFW: https://w2.eff.org/Censorship/Internet_censorship_bills/russell_0296_indecent.article