[Cerowrt-devel] saner defaults for config/firewall

David Lang david at lang.hm
Mon Mar 3 14:41:30 EST 2014

On Sun, 23 Feb 2014, J. Daniel Ashton wrote:

> 2. Google's new Chromecast device useable from all non-guest segments:
>   it has no Ethernet port, so it is on Wi-Fi at 2Mhz, my table on
>   Wi-Fi at 5Mhz, and my desktop on Ethernet. Both tablet and desktop
>   should be able to see the Chromecast and control it.

There is a pretty basic problem with Chromecast in that the app to configure it
looks at what network the android device is on and tries to have the Chromecast
connect to that same network. If you have different SSIDs for 2.4 and 5GHz and
are connected to 5GHz the result is failure, even if the networks are bridged
together (let alone routed)

I'll have to go back and test again, but I think I still had problems even after
the initial configuration if I connected to it via the wrong network.

David Lang