[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.10.32-9 released

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Mon Mar 17 10:30:46 EDT 2014

Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> writes:

> At least one blueray player we know of isn't working through the
> default dhcp/dns/upnp setup.

Why would a bluray player need upnp? *shudder*

> I've modeled  something that basically should  work in my bcp38 repo.

So, not sure exactly how it's supposed to work; does this hook into the
firewall after NAT'ing has been applied? Otherwise you'd presumably need
to add exceptions for the configured internal network(s)? (I think that
may be what is going on in the bcp script at ln 38, but some sort of
auto-detection of the relevant network(s) would be needed? Or as a
minimum a whitelist configuration option?)

Could double-nat be detected from wan iface hotplug or somesuch?

> That said, surviving an ipv6 renumber is a problem. Many clients
> probably don't respect an address assignment lifetime.

Application-transparent MPTCP from the operating system with automatic
failover? Pretty please? :)

-Toke