[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.10.32-9 released

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 11:18:28 EDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 7:55 AM, Michael Richardson <mcr at sandelman.ca> wrote:

>     >> while we need to drop packets from ULA src at the *WAN* edge, I am wondering

btw, there is full ipv6 NAT support in this release. Untested.

>     > That said, surviving an ipv6 renumber is a problem.  Many clients  probably
>     > don't  respect an address assignment  lifetime.
>
> I have experimental evidence that it's the opposite: clients give up their
> address and on-linkness way too easily.

I have seen that too, particularly on wireless interfaces that go to sleep.

One thing I liked that dnsmasq did that the current odhcpv6 server
does not is force a RA on a dhcpv4 request. Perhaps hostapd could do
the same
on a reassociation in some sane way.