[Cerowrt-devel] more and more microscopic x86 hardware

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 23:25:15 EDT 2014

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 8:10 PM, David P. Reed <dpreed at reed.com> wrote:
> Is there a good usb 3.0 802.11 adapter?

None that I know of (yet).

However, there are plenty of pretty good half length dual band ath9k
mini-pcie cards which would fit in a board like this. So that yields a box
that can run SQM at a couple hundred mbit (hopefully), and drive an
AP pretty hard.

(I am looking for something that can fit a full length ath10k minipcie card,
 which is mostly why I keep looking for something that can push gigE)

there are a raft of boards like this coming out this spring, quite a
few rated for
extended temperature ranges, using the amd g series processors
and/or intel bay trail. Some of these even have an open bios, although
none I've found have 16MB of flash set aside for it. (linuxgizmos.com
is good reading)

I started building x86_64 versions of cero a while back with no real
target as yet. (virtual machine? nuc? toke's box? my old atoms?)

Amusingly the squashfs version of the x86_64 code weighs
in at 14MB vs the mips 8MB.