[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.10.32-12 released

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 13:47:42 EDT 2014

-  currently untested (but a really small delta from -10 and -11)
+ Resync with openwrt head
+ dnsmasq 2.69rc1 (close approximation thereof)
+ This is the first release with toke's bcp38 code installed (and
enabled by default). I am hoping people simply don't even notice it's
there... (it's off the firewall web page)

The only problems I foresee happening are

1) some devices are dependent on double-nat to be configurable -
notably most cable modems depend on 192.168.100.1 to get configured
the first time. I thought about adding that in as a default exception,
and still may.

2) People using this on an interior gateway on a complex network will
need to either disable bcp38 or (preferably) add their rfc1918
network(s) to the exception list on the interior gateway (not on the
external gateway). For example, the yurtlab lives on subnets
172.21.0.0/20.

3) I am not prescient, however, and the only way to find out what
problems will be created is to inflict it on^H^H^H^H^H^H^H kindly ask
the cerowrt userbase to try it.

- Jim Gettys tells me that after a day or so of heavy use of
3.10.32-9, the 2.4ghz radio gets thoroughly wedged after a succession
of DMA tx errors and only a reboot can clear it.

I am in the process of rebuilding the yurtlab and can get back into
heavy wifi testing over the next week or so. In the interim,
please beat up wifi any way you can...

I would really like to get to a stable beta release by the end of the month.