[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.10.32-12 released

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Sat Mar 22 14:18:05 EDT 2014

Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> writes:

> Perhaps this is a new logo idea for cero: A giant clue-bat.

That'd be cool. I've always wondered what a clue-bat would actually look
like... :)

> Well, a brute force way would be to insert all these addresses with
> say a one hour timeout to expire on a cold boot.

Yeah, but then you'd have to handle collisions with subnets configured
on the internal interface and all sorts of weird edge cases, I'm sure...

Perhaps some sort of feasibility study on the arping approach could be
conducted? Someone with a cable modem who can check if `arping <addr>`
with its configuration address returns anything when no corresponding
address is configured on the router? Or am I completely off base in
thinking that would work?

> In terms of featureitus it might be nice to have a comment field shown
> in the gui and in the config file.

Right, well if you don't mind restructuring the config file completely
in a non-backwards-compatible way, it would be pretty easy to give it a
section for each subnet, with an associated comment / name field,
and use the same widget as the hostname setup. Would make the config
file significantly more verbose, though, and also harder to read IMO...

-Toke