[Cerowrt-devel] Wondering what dns lookups should be returning on local files...

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Mon Mar 24 12:12:27 EDT 2014

Jim Gettys <jg at freedesktop.org> writes:

> It looks like it tried to validate "home" (though this may be an artifact of
> chome), and returned:
>
>        *     home
>              Secured by DNSSEC
>
>     *
>     Nonexistence of the domain name home
>
>     was validated by DNSSEC.
>
>     The parent domain is secured by DNSSEC, thus it was possible to successfully
>     verify nonexistence of this domain name.
>
> So this may be perfectly fine and expected; could be a google chome ism, or is
> just an artifact of the validator plug-in.

My guess would be that it validates (from the root servers) that there's
no TLD called 'home'. You could try creating a folder /com and opening
a file from there, and see if it tells you that 'com' exists.

I think I would consider it a bug in the validator that it doesn't
exclude file:// URLs :)

-Toke