[Cerowrt-devel] speedtest.sh script available

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 11:16:33 EDT 2014

I have created a 'speedtest.sh' shell script that simulates the http://speedtest.net, but does it one better.

The default options for the script do a separate TCP_MAERTS and TCP_STREAM for 60 seconds while collecting ping latency. The output of the script shows the down/upload speed as well as a summary of the ping latency, including min, max, average, median, and 10th and 90th percentiles.

The script makes it easier to optimize my settings because it makes the latency figures more concrete. (I used to eyeball the ping output, saying, "Hmmm. I think there were fewer outliers than before...")

You can see the script on the "Quick Test for Bufferbloat" page on the wiki at:

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Quick_Test_for_Bufferbloat#Speedtestsh-shell-script

Enjoy!

Rich