[Cerowrt-devel] [Dnsmasq-discuss] Problems with DNSsec on Comcast, with Cero 3.10.38-1/DNSmasq 4-26-2014

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Fri May 2 10:30:27 EDT 2014

Hi List, hi Dave,

On May 2, 2014, at 00:27 , Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 1:26 PM, Rich Brown <richb.hanover at gmail.com> wrote:

>> snip, snip snip...

>>> If you want stuff to just work, turn off negative proofs, if you want to
>>> push the envelope, leave them on and complain to domain-admins.
>>>
>>> I had some feeling that something like this might be a problem, hence
>>> the discrete controls.
>>
>> I apologize that I haven't been following this closely, but so I'm going to ask a TL;DR question.
>>
>> Which places in the OpenWrt/CeroWrt GUI (or the config files) do I use to wiggle these levers?
>
> There is no gui support as yet. enablement is via /etc/dnsmasq.conf
>
> I disabled (commented out) the negative proof checks in the 3.10.38-2 release.

	So, I installed this just now and to my amazement it directly picked up my ISP's dns servers immediately, unlike with the last two? releases I did not have to resort to google's dns servers. So this looks like the deutsche telekom setup is not ready for full dnssec (at least not when trying to use the dns server on the primary dt router...).

Best Regards
	Sebastian