[Cerowrt-devel] benefits of other eyeballs on sqm

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Thu May 8 04:41:08 EDT 2014

Hi Dave,

On May 7, 2014, at 21:28 , Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeMAX-Beta/Testing-fq-codel-in-v1-5-0beta1/m-p/828626/highlight/false#M3978
>
> according to that script...
>
> It turns out that ifb names can be symbolic rather than an integer,
> and thus a whole lot of ifb pool management stuff can get ripped out
> of the sqm system. probably.

	Well, the whole fib handling stuff I added tries to solve two problems; a) reuse the same fib we just used before for a specific interface, but do not steal fibs the user might have assigned by hand, and b) handle the intuition that no fib is available somewhat gracefully (note this still lacks an error message, and a bit of magic inside the *.qos scripts). Non-numeric IFB names potentially will make this more complicated, so I would rather stick to thoseā€¦ But you package and hence your decision.

Best Regards
	Sebastian