[Cerowrt-devel] Upgraded to 3.10.38-1, DNS issues?

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Sun May 11 07:54:00 EDT 2014

Hi Aristar,

On May 9, 2014, at 18:17 , Aristar <LeetMiniWheat at gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay I figured it out. It was DNSSEC I didn't realize it was enabled
> by default so I had to comment out the lines in /etc/dnsmasq.conf but
> I still had to manually specify a nameservers in a separate config
> under LUCI Network>DHCP and DNS>Resolv and Hosts Files>"Resolve file"
> and all is well again.

	I think Dave changed the default for 3.10.38-2 to avoid the negative proof checks, and that, at least on my system, made automatic DNS configuration though my upstream router functional again. I had the same issues as you with 3.10.38-1 and some earlier ones. So you might want to test the latest cerowrt to see whether that solves the issue. (I think there was some discussion of how DNS recurs or work differently with DNSSEC than dnsmasq, which operates as a forwarder.)

Best Regards
	Sebastian