[Cerowrt-devel] A stable cerowrt release in sight

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun May 18 11:29:18 EDT 2014

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 6:48 AM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 May 2014 23:36:11 -0700, Dave Taht said:
>
>> So hopefully the upcoming 3.10.40-4 build will be stable enough to
>> freeze on. If there is anything else that people want done before
>> freezing, let me know soonest.
>
> I just noticed a "wait, what?".  Luci is telling me:
>
> Hostname        bogon-gateway-1
> Model   NETGEAR WNDR3800
> Firmware Version        CeroWrt Toronto 3.10.40-4 / LuCI Trunk (git-c5a9089)
> Kernel Version  3.10.36
> Local Time      Sun May 18 09:44:00 2014
> Uptime  1d 12h 36m 54s
>
> and sure enough, ssh'ing in I see:
>
> root at bogon-gateway-1:~# uname -a
> Linux bogon-gateway-1 3.10.36 #1 Fri May 16 01:00:30 PDT 2014 mips GNU/Linux
>
> Something has gone astray somewhere...

I am running a few versions ahead of openwrt, and I apparently forgot to
commit the last kernel change makefile, so on a pull from openwrt
I'd done a git stash, and it reverted to openwrt head...
(I DID get it right on the ubnt build I did and was puzzled as to
 why the pull from cero main was the wrong kernel)

The patch, however, that hopefully stablizes wifi, IS in this build, so
please feel free to keep at blowing it up.

Obviously I'll do another release...

(it is the patch, not the kernel, that is important)

THX for the spot! I would never have noticed til
.41 came out.

NSFW: https://w2.eff.org/Censorship/Internet_censorship_bills/russell_0296_indecent.article