[Cerowrt-devel] A stable cerowrt release in sight

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Mon May 19 05:57:53 EDT 2014

Hi Maciej, hi list,

\
On May 19, 2014, at 09:30 , Maciej Soltysiak <maciej at soltysiak.com> wrote:

> On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 5:29 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 6:48 AM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
>>> On Thu, 15 May 2014 23:36:11 -0700, Dave Taht said:
>>> root at bogon-gateway-1:~# uname -a
>>> Linux bogon-gateway-1 3.10.36 #1 Fri May 16 01:00:30 PDT 2014 mips GNU/Linux
> Noticed the same after upgrade yesterday.

	Note 3.10.40-5 is out and sports a shiny 3.10.40 kernel ;) (Installed yesterday, seems to work, but only lightly tested; did not expose 11an for the 5GHz radio or allow HT40 from the GUI, copying the relevant lines from /etc/config/wireless both made 40MHz wifi work again and exposed the settings in the GUI; I seem to recall that this was reported on the openwrt list as well, so is not a cerowrt specific issue...)

> BTW. sysupgrade didn't preserver a single setting, is that expected?
> Was upgrading form 3.10.28 or something.

	INteresting question, this could be related to the constant flux in openwrt trunk, or could just be a plain bug there. (Just as the inability of keeping gthe settings while sys upgrading from the GUI was an openwrt bug, that got fixed there...)

>> (it is the patch, not the kernel, that is important)
> Well, if you look closely the 3.10.40 contains a bugfix for
> n_tty_write() : CVE-2014-0196

	This looks like a local issue only, since the only local user on cerowrt is root I do not think that this really affects us.

best regards
	sebastian