[Cerowrt-devel] archer c7v2 notes

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon May 19 14:50:15 EDT 2014

after a bit of fiddling with the switch configuration, I got a
tp-link archer c7v2 to boot cerowrt...

(test build is here:
http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/cerowrt/archer/3.10.40-5/ )

the 5ghz radio comes up first, messing up my SSID naming scheme
5ghz  doesn't look like it works in adhoc mode eithe
2ghz doesn't get AP mode to work
dhcp out the ge00 interface doesn't appear to work
dnsmasq died on boot for some reason

aside from that (!), performance-wise it's comparable to the wndr3800
in every respect, it just needs some more fiddling with the switch to
start being useful, and I'm probably the only one here that
needs adhoc to work...

Are there any other atheros based hardware worth looking at? Something
from buffalo, perhaps?

NSFW: https://w2.eff.org/Censorship/Internet_censorship_bills/russell_0296_indecent.article