[Cerowrt-devel] Cerowrt on WDR4900

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon May 19 18:50:08 EDT 2014

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 1:20 PM, Philippe Huybrechts <philippe at twixel.be> wrote:
> Is there a canonical way of building Cerowrt for a different device? I am
> trying to get it to run on a TP-Link WDR4900.
>
> I am starting from a clean build of the openwrt trunk, and trying to mix in
> the different cerowrt repo, but I think there must be a better way.

No. Getting a different arch up is a pita the first time.

Simplest thing to do is just add ceropackages to your feeds.conf, and build
sqm-scripts and luci-app-sqm for cerowrt's qos system, and/or
add override packages for things like dnsmasq with dnssec.

Is there something else besides that you wanted?

I just built cerowrt semi-successfully for the archer c7v2, steps needed
were complex... and took me most of a weekend. I will try to write them
up, but basically you need cerowrt-3.10, cerofiles-3.10, and ceropackages,
you need to merge in the correct switch and interface data for your
device into files/etc/config/network, then hammer in the right package
files from the cerofiles packages.list and override.list, wash , rinse
and repeat, and then hope you got the switch OR wifi info right so
you can flash a box and get into it to see what else broke.

NSFW: https://w2.eff.org/Censorship/Internet_censorship_bills/russell_0296_indecent.article