[Cerowrt-devel] measuring bandwidth and latency with snmp

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat May 31 02:05:24 EDT 2014

having just sat down to implement smokeping and mrtg again on
my lab network, I was struck by this pointless division of tasks and tools,
and how difficult it is to get back useful, combined, results.

There's no need to do ping.You can just measure the
time it takes to issue and get the snmp query response.

Am I missing something obvious?

nothing does this that I've found yet. Anyone know of anything?

The other big numbers that I wanted to pull out was the packet backlog
and drop rate from tc.