[Cerowrt-devel] how's everybody's uptime?

leetminiwheat LeetMiniWheat at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 10:45:44 EST 2014

3.10.50-1 uptime/stability report:

using as primary gw router for a few months now. primary net usage:
gaming, and routing net to cable TV boxes via FiOS provided MoCA
router as secondary router.

# uptime
 10:11:56 up 20 days, 20:09,  load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.04

nothing strange in dmesg or logread. (though logread only goes back so far.)

memory usage in htop seems consistent between 27MB and 28MB, no memory leaks.

sw00/sw10 WiFi performance has been good on both fronts for 2.4ghz and
5ghz. I run a WiFi hotspot on gw00. no sign of bug 443

had to reboot before this due to SQM bug, bandwidth limiting stopped
working on guest ingress presumably due to many SQM restarts and/or
wifi channel fiddling. Also recall odhcpd going out of control with
CPU usage about 2 months ago or something. still have to figure out
some way to limit max connections for guests so they can't saturate my
network even with badnwidth limiting, firewall packages seem to lack
support for what I'd need. I have 6 IFB interfaces right now though,
any way to clean these up?

mdns responder (avahi-daemon) seems to be working with iPhone to
Windows 8.1, though iPhone needs to be rebooted for WiFi sync to work
every darn time. Unsure if iPhone bug or Windows bug or avahi bug.
seems to advertise all services fine when I checked from a linux box.

not using ipv6, though @ge00 and odhcpd is enabled still. GW10 and
babel disabled. gw00 guest/bandwidth limited, and ge00 limited just
below ISP cap. all fq_codel.

Other additional packages I run:
-OpenSSH client for socks5 proxy ssh session to a remote server w/
screen for lower latency gaming tunnel. (se00)
-Miau for IRC bouncer.
-dnscrypt-proxy server running locally to fetch encrypted dns requests
and serve locally 127.0.0.1:2053 to dnsmasq working great. I wish this
package would get pushed upstream, I think it's more secure than
DNSSEC. or possibly a combination of the two would be best. (still
unsure how to setup DNSSEC properly).