[Cerowrt-devel] Updated IPv6 tunnelbroker.sh script

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 14:15:59 EST 2014

Jim Gettys and I found a bug in the tunnelbroker.sh script that configures a 6in4 tunnel in CeroWrt. Hurricane Electric provides this tunnel service for free, and it works great for learning more about IPv6 if your ISP won't provide you native v6 addresses.

The wiki gives instructions for creating an account and setting up a tunnel: http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/IPv6_Tunnel

The updated script is on github: https://github.com/richb-hanover/CeroWrtScripts

The gist of the change is that somewhere in the mists of time, Tunnelbroker.net switched from using a long alphanumeric string for its 'username' parameter to the plain UserID (also shown as the "Account Name" on the website). You can download the script from github or edit the version that's in /usr/lib/CeroWrtScripts in 3.10.50-1 or later.

NB These scripts should be updated from github whenever there's a new build of CeroWrt.

Please get back to me if you have any questions.

Rich Brown
richb.hanover at gmail.com
+1 603-262-3957 (land line)
+1 603-252-7005 (cell)