[Cerowrt-devel] vpn fw question

Joel Wirāmu Pauling joel at aenertia.net
Thu Oct 2 22:21:03 EDT 2014

In Cerowrt the various net devices have been relabeled; as per here :
http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Device_naming_scheme

I usually add a new device via Luci  (call it somethingvpn) and select
custom device (tap0 or tun0).

Than add a new Firewall zone (VPN)

I tend to edit the /etc/config/openvpn and just point it at a custom
config (and set that entry to enabled).

Reboot and then fiddle the firewall zone forwarding mappings as appropriate.

Remember that unless you are going to be advertising routes on cerowrt
to your internet clients you will actually want to set the vpn zone as
masqueraded.

-Joel