[Cerowrt-devel] paging all SQM users on PPPoE links...

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Sun Oct 5 15:36:33 EDT 2014

Hi Dave, hi list,

I just checked in a modification to luci-app-sqm that should allow to select PPPoE interfaces like pppeo-ge00 from the “interface name” drop down menu in SQM’s luci GUI. To be honest this interface box now presents everything in /sys/class/net, including a few gems like all IFBs and other interfaces that are not really sane choices for SQM; but unlike the saner old implementation it also shows the pppoe interfaces (anybody who has a better idea of how to get a sane but complete-enuogh list of interfaces to shape on please holler). This is “exciting” as I just ran a number of tests over PPPoE (on a ADSL2+ link) confirming that egress classification is only honored if the pppoe interface is selected, not with just ge00. Also, in case someone wants to independently confirm, for the PPPoE interface the kernel does not seem to add any overhead whatsoever, so I had to specify per packet overhead of 40 (instead of the 26 that proved to work well with ge00, as I recently “found out” thanks to Andy Furniss).

	Anyway, I assume the commit is not sufficiently tested and would like to recruit volunteers to test this change on their live systems ;) (just copy https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dtaht/ceropackages-3.10/b8d62e1c0540fc832e4ef9dea44899e4939c1d93/luci/luci-app-sqm/files/sqm-cbi.lua to root at gw.home.lan/usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/sqm.lua on your cerowrt router (I assume 3.10.50-1)). Please let me know how this works out…

Best Regards
	Sebastian