[Cerowrt-devel] bulk packet transmission

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Sat Oct 11 00:20:43 EDT 2014

I do know that. I would say that benchmarks rarely match real world problems of real systems- they come from sources like academia and technical marketing depts. My job for the last few years has been looking at stems with dozens of processors across 2 and 4 sockets and multiple 10 GigE adapters.

There are few benchmarks that look like real workloads. And even smaller systems do very poorly compared to what is possible.  Linux is slowly getting better but not so much in the network area at scale.  That would take a plan and a rethinking. Beyond incremental tweaks. My opinion ... ymmv.

-- Sent from my Android device with K-@ Mail. Please excuse my brevity.