[Cerowrt-devel] SQM and PPPoE, more questions than answers...

Török Edwin edwin+ml-cerowrt at etorok.net
Wed Oct 15 08:02:20 EDT 2014

On 10/15/2014 03:03 AM, Sebastian Moeller wrote:
> 	I guess it is back to the drawing board to figure out how to speed up the classification… and then revisit the PPPoE question again…

FWIW I had to add this to /etc/config/network (done via luci actually):
option keepalive '500 30'

Otherwise it uses these default values from /etc/ppp/options, and then I hit: https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/7793:
lcp-echo-failure 5
lcp-echo-interval 1

The symptomps are that if I start a large download after half a minute or so pppd complains that it didn't receive reply to 5 LCP echo packets and disconnects/reconnects.
Sounds like the LCP echo/reply packets should get prioritized, but I don't know if it is my router that is dropping them or my ISP.

When you tested PPPoE did you notice pppd dropping the connection and restarting, cause that would affect the timings for sure...

Best regards,
--Edwin