[Cerowrt-devel] SQM and PPPoE, more questions than answers...

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 13:28:39 EDT 2014

hmm. The pppoe LLC packets are sparse and should already be optimized
by fq_codel, but I guess I'll go look at the construction of those
headers. Perhaps they need to be decoded better in the flow_dissector
code?

I also made some comments re the recent openwrt pull request.

https://github.com/dtaht/ceropackages-3.10/commit/b9e3bafdabb3c5aa47f8f63eae2ecfe34c361855

SQM need not require the advanced qdiscs package, if it checks for
availability of the other qdiscs, and even then nobody's proposed
putting the new nfq_codel stuff into openwrt - as it's still rather
inadaquately tested, and it's my hope that cake simplifies matters
significantly when it's baked. I already have patches for sqm for it,
but it's just not baked enough...

Also I think exploring policing at higher ingres bandwidths is warrented...

thttp://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/bloat/wiki/Upcoming_Talks