[Cerowrt-devel] SQM in mainline openwrt, fq_codel considered for fedora default

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 13:03:55 EDT 2014

See:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/?id=e6c253e363dee77ef7e5c5f44c4ca55cded3fd47

There is a scene in Monty Python's "Life of Brian" that comes to mind.
A bunch of revolutionaries are discussing various forms of paper
protest, and world domination, and Judith shows up full of the news
that Brian is being crucified  that day...

"Reg, for God's sake, it's perfectly simple. All you've got to do is
to go out of that door now, and try to stop the Romans' nailing him
up! It's happening, Reg! Something's actually happening, Reg! Can't
you understand?"

Frustrated she leaves the room, and the group takes up a new motion
according to parlamentary rules...

(for the full scene, see: http://www.montypython.net/brianmm3.php )

That's what the last couple years of endless talks and ietf meetings
have felt like....

All that said, doubtless we'll have various snags and difficulties on
the way to more full deployment, various new techniques will appear
and evolve, and

/me goes back to bed whistling "always look on the bright side of life"

thttp://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/bloat/wiki/Upcoming_Talks