[Cerowrt-devel] Routing limit question

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Tue Oct 21 03:43:40 EDT 2014

Hi Aaron,

On Oct 21, 2014, at 05:35 , Aaron Wood <woody77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 3:48 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, I tried a few combinations of burst and cburst on a cerowrt box,
> using 90/10 as a up/download speed.
>
> burst 64000 cburst 64000 was a bit of a win, in most respects, but odd
> in others.
>
> Interesting....  can this be specified on the advanced options string (ingress only)?

	Unfortunately not, the advanced option string is just passed to the leaf qdiscs, but if you are willing to edit simple.qos you can change:
LQ="quantum `get_mtu $IFACE $CEIL`”

into:
LQ="quantum `get_mtu $IFACE $CEIL` burst 64000 cburst 64000” for either ingress or egress or both to get the desired effect. As always “tc class show dev ge00” and "tc class show dev ifb4ge00” should show you wether your changes took hold (assuming you use a recent sqm-scripts and ge00…).
	So I probably will try to expose these options in an additional optional hidden-by-default entry fields in a future revision.

Best Regards
	Sebastian