[Cerowrt-devel] SQM in mainline openwrt, fq_codel considered for fedora default

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 12:57:05 EDT 2014

This is not the place to engage in the systemd debate.

We use procd in openwrt because it fits in teeny routers, and it has its
own problems.

I would, in fact, like it if more devs, engaged in auditing, coding for,
and improving *all* the init replacements. The flamage vs fixage ratio
elsewhere is way out of hand, and it bugs me a lot.

The kernel to userspace transition is one of the most finicky, difficult,
and painfully visible areas in which to work, and I would prefer
constructive coding and tips shared here (and elsewhere) between people
trying to make things better at boot, and to work together to make
meaningful change, rather than rehashing old problems and scars.

I note:

I would appreciate some interest from the systemd folk into the work of
ietf  homenet, and into  things like hnetd and mdns proxy. (and the reverse
from those working on those concepts) The excessively dynamic nature of the
modern ipv6 rollout has led to a need to tightly integrate address
assignment,  routing and naming, which helped delay barrier breaker a year
and it's not clear to me to what extent the modern linux server or desktop
can deal with that and still provide useful services, nor concepts like
source specific routing, and better integration with 802.11 and 802.14.