[Cerowrt-devel] 10GigE nics and SFP+ modules?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 14:36:26 EDT 2014

Given that the rangeley series of processors apparently has support in
openwrt already, I picked up one last week.

http://www.amazon.com/Supermicro-Atom-C2758-Motherboards-MBD-A1SRI-2758F-O/dp/B00FM4M7TQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=8-1&keywords=C2758

I'm still looking for a good case for it - the first rack-mount case I
got had mini-itx mounts but a non-ATX power supply, suggestions? Only
need 50 watts or less of power supply...

Where my brain falls off a cliff is sorting through the SFP+ options.
I've been told to seek out the intel chipset cards as the best
supported under linux, so would this be good? Are there other options?

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Gigabit-Dual-Server-Adapter/dp/B001AGFXTQ/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1410027344&sr=8-10&keywords=10GigE+nic

Or these?

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Ethernet-X520-SR2-Server-Adapter/dp/B002I9JCQY/ref=pd_cp_pc_0

I'd like single mode (20km+) fiber support, but also to try whatever
mode is more common in DCs... ?

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Ethernet-ETHERNET-MODULE-10GBase-SR/dp/B009KZNWE2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1410028448&sr=1-1&keywords=Intel+SFP%2B

These are the most expensive items (with the exception of snapon) I've
ever bought on behalf of bufferbloat.net, and it feels weird to be
doing this after fighting all month with 100mbit issues... but I've
been dying to get some 10GigE data, so...

https://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/make-wifi-fast