[Cerowrt-devel] IEEE 802.11 meeting sept 14-21 athens, greece

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 23:32:36 EDT 2014

I am, at the last minute, attending the IEEE 802.11 meeting in Athens, Greece
where I *may* be giving a talk or two, one general to the bufferbloat
problem and effort, the other about what might be done to make wifi
better, which includes talking to how to deal with aggregated macs,
and reducing other latencies. Who knows, perhaps a new WG will come
out of it.

I haven't given a talk on wifi since the one at MIT [1], and while I'm
assembling stuff from a rather large backlog of personally collected
data...

... if any of y'all have any additional data (netperf-wrapper,
netalyzer, other) on wifi behavior today, trendlines of use, bugs,
links to relevant papers, information on what's been going on at IEEE
(and I have never attended a meeting, so don't know how they work, or
what level to talk at, either!), ringing phrases, or other info, to
bring to bear, please share!?

I know I'm not the only one often upset, at how wifi can misbehave.
This is a pure gem, featuring Steve Jobs, starting about 17 seconds
in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-oIL9cLHDc

lastly: will anyone else from these lists be there?

[1] https://lists.bufferbloat.net/pipermail/bloat/2013-February/001351.html

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/make-wifi-fast