[Cerowrt-devel] [Bloat] Fixing bufferbloat: How about an open letter to the web benchmarkers?

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 20:42:20 EDT 2014

On 12 Sep, 2014, at 3:35 am, dpreed at reed.com wrote:

> Among friends of mine, we can publicize this widely.  But those friends probably would like to see how the measurement would work.

Could we make use of the existing test servers (running netperf) for that demonstration?  How hard is the protocol to fake in Javascript?

Or would a netperf-wrapper demonstration suffice?  We've already got that, but we'd need to extract the single-figures-of-merit from the data.

I wonder if the speedof.me API can already be tricked into doing the right thing?

 - Jonathan Morton