[Cerowrt-devel] dropbear stops working

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Tue Sep 16 08:15:50 EDT 2014

This is just a followup for google/archives to an email in Jan2014.
My problems with dropbear not working were because I was connecting from
"offnet" to it.  My configuration has the untagged traffic out of cerowrt
(the default 172.30.42 network) retagged as VLAN3800 and connected to my
desktop.   My desktop would lose it's VLAN3800 IP for unexplained reasons,
and so when I was connecting to 172.30.42.1, I was doing so via a
non-172.30.42.0/27 IP, and dropbear was dropping the connection.  Since I
could ping that IP just fine, it wasn't obvious what the problem was for a
LONG time.