[Cerowrt-devel] Isn't right with the configuration script

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 06:56:39 EDT 2014

Hi Eric,

> I changed the internal subnet and it looks like everything changes correctly but what happens is the interface comes up and I can ping it. I see IPv6 traffic coming from it (I believe) but there's no IPv4 response .I should see if I can set up my Linux machine as IPv6 and see if I can access any of the services there. IPv6 is new terrain for me so helpful pointers would be quite welcome.
>
> I would also appreciate any pointers to documentation explaining why all the little subnets and why so many network interfaces.

This is mostly to isolate various kinds of traffic so the slowest (2.4GHz abg) doesn't interfere with 5GHz wireless or 100mbps Ethernet. There's more info at:

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Default_network_numbering and
http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Changing_your_cerowrt_ip_addresses

Rich