[Cerowrt-devel] Fwd: [Babel-users] ANNOUNCE: babeld-1.6.0

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 11:46:15 EDT 2015

It looked to me as if ipv6_subtrees was now a configure option. All
our kernels (since 3.10.12) and most (probably all) distro kernels,
enable ipv6_subtrees.

I am happy to see this code finally merged, as the mainline daemon
also has support for the long-rtt metric extension, and this takes the
current fork of the babeld and babels packages in openwrt and merges
them back together into one. (not clear if that happened yet, I have
only been awake a few minutes).

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jonglez-babel-rtt-extension-00

I hope this summer to be able to explore the "rtt as a routing metric"
idea on shorter rtts in the context of having fq_codel everywhere and
per-sta queues for wifi. It may require higher precision than is
currently obtained in the code (does not use the SO_TIMESTAMP socket
option in particuar) however.

I wrote up the potential benefits of using delay as a metric on this
thread here:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/babel-users/2015-April/001974.html