[Cerowrt-devel] Bad news site - "fashionsnowboots"

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 07:41:54 EDT 2015

Google Alerts informed me that site bufferbloat dot fashionsnowboots dot com is talking about "Bufferbloat". Sure enough, it appears to have cloned the content from our home page with the following additions:

- It offers to install the Java plugin 12.3
- All the links on the page encourage you to install Java
- One link automatically downloaded a "Flash Updater" - helpfully a .dmg for my Mac.

My first reaction:

1) Only visit the site with your best armored browser
2) Please don't post their URL in messages - they don't need additional SEO juice
3) Any idea what else we can do about this?

Rich

PS whois fashionsnowboots.com shows:

Domain Name: FASHIONSNOWBOOTS.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1864266509_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Registrar URL: http://networksolutions.com
Updated Date: 2015-01-29T02:04:19Z
Creation Date: 2014-06-25T18:13:23Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-06-25T04:00:00Z
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Registrar IANA ID: 2
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse at web.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.8003337680
Reseller:
Domain Status:
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Rosser, Adam