[Cerowrt-devel] [Cake] documentation review request and out of tree cake builds for openwrt/etc.

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 10:38:05 EDT 2015

It took me a while to get around to thinking about this, partly because my
phone inexplicably refuses to believe snapon exists.

I have two possible explanations for these results. Maybe both apply to
some extent.

Dropping packets rather than marking them results in an increase in ack
density in the reverse direction, because delayed acks get temporarily
disabled. The strength of this effect depends on the BDP and the depth of
delayed acks.

Increasing the number of simultaneous flows might increase the CPU load of
connection tracking for NAT. Are you shaping and doing NAT on the same box?
I think this might be the basic reason for increased latency.

- Jonathan Morton