[Cerowrt-devel] [sqm-scripts] not started at boot?

Alan Jenkins alan.christopher.jenkins at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 09:39:46 EST 2015

Hi Toke

I tried installing sqm-scripts from trunk, on Barrier Breaker on my
wndr3800.

It's very effective, but I notice SQM isn't applied at boot time. The
system log complains about pppoe-wan interface not existing, when the
sqm init script is started.

My guess is it'd be the same even if my WNDR was running the base system
from trunk.  Because the sqm scripts don't have nice integration like
the qos scripts package.

Is that useful enough as a bug report?  Do you need me to work on a
proper patch?

qos-scripts has a hotplug script, so I copied it for sqm and the problem
is "fixed".  Though my stupid script re-runs the sqm as every single
network interface comes up, so it spams the log and probably slows
things down a bit.  (Maybe sqm script also wants to not be so noisy in
the log)

cat <<EOF > /etc/hotplug.d/iface/10-sqm
#!/bin/sh

# my sqm isn't being enabled on boot
# cargo-cult this hotplug script from qos-scripts

[ "$ACTION" = ifup ] && /etc/init.d/sqm enabled && /usr/lib/sqm/run.sh
EOF