[Cerowrt-devel] Interesting hardware (eero)

Pete Doyle petedoyle at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 13:57:52 EST 2015

Hi all,
Just saw this announced, thought I'd pass it on as a possible WNDR
replacement:
https://www.eero.com/

Specs:
- 1.0 GHz dual core processor (ARM, probably)
- 512MB RAM
- 1GB Flash
- 2x Gigabit ethernet
- Dual 802.11a/b/g/n/ac radios (confirmed: two separate 5GHz radios, not
just 2.4GHz+5GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.0/Low Energy

Ongoing discussion at Hacker News (user 'weaves' is the co-founder):
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8991076

Can flash custom OpenWRT builds on it (see comment by 'weaves' at HN).

I haven't been following the hardware search closely, but thought the dual
radios/arm processor might make this especially interesting.

Pete