[Cerowrt-devel] MTU question

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 17:23:20 EST 2015

The max mtu for wifi is somewhere around 2300 bytes. So there is not a
lot of benefit, and all kinds of headaches for other devices. I don't
remember the max mtu for the ag71xx but I think it was 1514+vlan
header only...

No point. The only case where I can think it is useful is when you are
tunnelling some protocol over another protocol on a wifi p2p link and
don't want to mess with the underlying mtu. That was the use case for
it when I tried to deploy ipv4 over ipv6 with the nat work being done
on the edgepoints a few years back.

thttp://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/bloat/wiki/Upcoming_Talks