[Cerowrt-devel] freespace lasers?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 17:07:16 EST 2015

A few months ago, I signed up for the koruza freespace laser project,
which is very cool - a Gige laser connection with a 100meter range.

https://dev.wlan-si.net/wiki/KORUZA

I thought it would be a nice break from wifi.

As it turned out all the sites where I thought I could set it up
didn't meet various requirements - very clear line of sight, height,
use as a backup link, etc.

And I really don't have time for the project, anyway. Anyone out there
got time/space for fiddling with a cool new technology like this? I
have had the gear in a box here in california for a while and the
developers would really like to have it setup so they can do more
experiments.

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/bloat/wiki/Upcoming_Talks