[Cerowrt-devel] sqm-scripts for debian/ubuntu

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 21:09:50 EST 2015

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 5:51 PM, William Katsak <wkatsak at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Before I take the time to set something up, does anyone already have a nice
> wrapper for sqm-scripts on debian/ubuntu (or really any non-openwrt distro)?
> I've already gotten them to work, but want to do something "nice" so they
> run automagically.

My plan, such as it was, was to have a /etc/sqm dir with each device named there
explicitly (e.g.) eth0.conf, br0.conf, etc.

and in there have the configuration variables currently set by run.sh
in /usr/lib/sqm (or in the
openwrt sqm config file) in shell syntax.

then have a sqm script in /etc/network/if-pre-up.d and if-post-down.d
source those, then run the right qos script from that.

I have never got around to it. And I'm not sure if that is the right
thing for NetworkManager.

thttp://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/bloat/wiki/Upcoming_Talks