[Cerowrt-devel] Problems with DNSsec on Comcast, with Cero 3.10.38-1/DNSmasq 4-26-2014

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 03:52:13 EST 2015

I was able to lock up this version of dnsmasq twice: 100% cpu usage.
No syscalls were visible from strace during the lockup. Lockups
occurred once on nearly at boot, and the second time, after a few
hours of casual usage, with only ipv6 upstreams, on cero-3.10.50-1.

furthermore, the only thing that kills it is a kill -9. I will build a
non-stripped version in the morning... (and I do note that I was
testing two things - one ipv6 upstreams only, and two, dnssec. Prior
to this version I was using both ipv4 and ipv6 upstreams, no issues,
had dnssec on also, usually no issues)

Other suggestions for debugging the causes of a lockup requested (log
all queries?)