[Cerowrt-devel] another contender for WNDR replacement

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Mon Jan 19 18:44:53 EST 2015

Hi Dave, hi list,

On Jan 19, 2015, at 17:37 , Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> oh, they are using a nice ethernet chip from intel? That will help.
>
> I did feel the apu1c was improvable,

	well, for what it is worth the apu1c is EOL’d and replaced by the apu1d, no idea what the difference is, both use an AMD low power/performance from last generation ;)

> but the intel "dma to cache"
> since ivy bridge feature is a tremendous advantage for intel chips.

	But the fitlet uses a slightly more modern AMD design (I think its jaguar/puma instead of bobcat, whatever that means, technologically I mean, I am on top of the biologic difference between the two ;) ) I would not bet money that this can saturate its gigabit ethernet ports, but I think the immediate goal is a reasonably low priced device that allows SQM on current bandwidths <= 300Mbps combined. Maybe this is it...

> Sigh, more benchmarking….

	More waiting ;) I think the dual and quad ethernet devices are not out yet …

Best Regards
	Sebastian