[Cerowrt-devel] Recording RF management info _and_ associated traffic?

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 11:14:55 EST 2015

On 01/25/2015 03:07 AM, Outback Dingo wrote:

> my first initial and only thought is over stauration on your network, i
> dont see anything of enterprise grade APs listed with 30+ users, how
> many connections and how many users? are they all trying to
> download/move data at the same time.

Looking at the leases file we have 90 devices getting IPs.  That's about
right for the 30 or so people + all the other devices connected.

The users are split up now on 3 APs all on different channels.

1 AP  on the 11th floor: (tplink stock) 16-20 clients.
2 APs on the 10th floor: (tplink stock and Wndr3700v2 OpenWRT)
  each 10 floor AP has 10ish clients

You can see all AP's from both floors but the AP not on the floor with
you has a pretty low signal.  Low but still usable.

 From watching what's going on at the radiotap level via horst I don't
see a very high level of utilisation but I've still not been able to
catch things in the act of a total fail yet.

--
Richard A. Smith